In a recent set of developments, the official release of the online application form for the UP Pre-Matric Scholarship 2023 has created a valuable opportunity for students in Classes 9 and 10. Administered by the Social Welfare Department of Uttar Pradesh, this scholarship aims to support eligible students from the general, SC, and ST categories. As of September 15, the application process is open and will continue to accept submissions until November 10. To complete their application, students must also provide hard copies of necessary documents to their respective schools or institutions within this specified timeframe. The online application portal can be accessed on the official website at https://scholarship.up.gov.in/.
1. Educational Qualification: To apply for the Uttar Pradesh Pre-matric scholarship scheme for Classes 9 and 10, the applicants must pass the Class 8 and 9 annual exams, respectively.
2. Age Limit: There is no upper or lower age limit for the students of Class 9 or 10 to apply online for pre-matric scholarships.
To apply online for a pre-matric scholarship in Uttar Pradesh, one must have the following required documents, which are as follows:
1. 8th or 9th Mark Sheet
2. Cast Certificate
3. Income Certificate
4. Bank Passbook
5. Fee Receipt Number
6. Enrollment Number
7. Aadhar Card Number
8. Passport-Size Scan Photo
How to Apply
1. First, go to the official website of the UP Scholarship at scholarship.up.gov.in/.
2. Then look for an option that reads ‘Registration’ under the option of Student, then tap on it and get redirected to the next page.
3. Next, navigate to the section dedicated to ST, SC, and General Category applicants for the fresh Pre-Matric scholarship. Select Fresh and Prematric (Fresh).
4. Now provide the required details, including the educational qualification; upload documents, including photographs and signatures; and then submit the application form.
Once these steps are completed, one will successfully apply online for the pre-matric scholarship scheme.
However, only those students can apply for this scholarship whose parents’ annual income does not exceed Rs 2,00,000. The income of parents of general-category students should be up to Rs 2.5 lakh. According to reports, every year, around 22 lakh students apply for the Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships of UP. Students receiving pre-matric scholarships get Rs 3500 annually. Earlier, this amount was Rs. 3000.