Curated By: Nibandh Vinod
Last Updated: October 28, 2023, 16:31 IST
Karwa Chauth is a festival that celebrates the love and devotion between a wife and her husband. It is a day when wives fast from sunrise to sunset for the well-being and long life of their husbands. This year it will be celebrated on November 1. One of the most important rituals of Karwa Chauth is the application of mehendi, or henna, on the palms and feet of married women.
Mehendi is a natural dye that has been used for centuries to decorate the body. It is believed to have auspicious properties and is often used in weddings and other religious ceremonies. Many women choose to have their partner’s name written in their mehendi design, but if you want to hide it, there are a few creative ways to do so.
HOW AND WHERE TO HIDE YOUR PARTNER’S NAME
- Incorporate the name into a larger design. For example, you could have your partner’s name written in the center of a mandala or paisley design.
- Use initials instead of the full name. This is a simple way to hide the name without sacrificing the sentiment.
- Write the name in a different language. If you and your partner speak a different language, you could have the name written in that language.
- Use hidden symbols. There are many symbols that represent love and commitment, such as hearts, infinity signs, and doves. You could use these symbols to represent your partner’s name.
- Write the name in a secret place. For example, you could have your partner’s name written on the inside of your wrist or on the sole of your foot.
UNIQUE MEHENDI DESIGNS TO HIDE YOUR PARTNER’S NAME
- A heart-shaped mehendi design with your partner’s initials written inside.
- A floral mehendi design with your partner’s name written in the center in a different language.
- A paisley mehendi design with your partner’s name hidden in the swirls.
- A mandala mehendi design with your partner’s name written in the center in Sanskrit.
- A mehendi design with two doves flying towards each other with your partner’s name hidden in their feathers.
- A mehendi design with a lock and key with your partner’s name hidden in the lock.
KARWA CHAUTH MEHENDI DESIGNS
Whether it’s due to personal reasons or simply a desire for a more versatile mehndi design, these unique design ideas can help you maintain the beauty and tradition of Karwa Chauth mehndi while keeping your reasons private.